Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Post It Note Stand

So, those post-it note dispensers are very expensive, and I have not been able to find one that dispenses all of the sizes of stickies I use on any given day. So after seeing this adorable Teacher Gift on Pinterest, I decided to try to make one of my own


Materials
5 x 7 Plastic free standing photo frame
1 8 x 10 sheet of beige card stock
1 8 x 10 sheet of coordinating colored paper
1 3 x 3 sticky-note pad
1 1.5 x 2 sticky note pad
2 sticky note flag pads
Assorted embellishments (this one is fairly simple just a spare button and bow I had lying around)

Instructions
This is fairly self explanatory so just a couple notes to make it easier:
1. I made each pad backer 0.5" large in each dimension to leave room for a nice 0.25" border around each pad. 
2. Everything except the sticky notes themselves (which are stuck to the frame) and the embellishments are inside the frame to keep them safe.

I am very happy with the way it came out and I think I will make them as gifts in the future.  Depending on the holiday, the decorations can be changed to match.  Also the frame size and shape can be changed to accommodate more or different types of stickies.  I'll update this post with additional pictures as I try others.

No comments:

Post a Comment